The ASCAP Basis and the Wallis Annenberg Heart for the Performing Arts have introduced the inaugural ASCAP Basis Musical Theatre Fest.
The 2-week, in-person occasion sequence held at The Wallis in Beverly Hills will give rising musical theatre composers an opportunity to be taught from the trade’s main lights. Week 1 (July 11-13) will current panels exploring the way forward for the musical theatre trade, specializing in the intersection of Hollywood and musical theatre.
The ASCAP Basis/Common Theatrical Group (UTG) Musical Theatre Workshop returns for week 2 (July 17-20) with celebrated inventive director Stephen Schwartz. Every panel is designed to reply questions upcoming musical theater composers might have concerning the trade, whereas offering beneficial perception into the behind-the-scenes improvement of musicals. Curious concerning the upcoming panels obtainable on both week? Try a fast itinerary under.
ASCAP Basis’s Musical Theatre Fest
WEEK 1 Panels
- July 11 @ 11 am | Is Hollywood’s Obsession with Musical Theatre Expertise Right here to Keep?
- July 11 @ 2 pm | Utilizing Social Media to Create a New Area for Musical Theatre
- July 12 @ 10 am | Music Creators Roundtable
- July 12 @ 1 pm | Enterprise As Regular: Finest Practices For Getting Your Act Collectively
- July 12 @ 3:30 pm | From Despicable Me to Schmicago!: In Coversation with Cinco Paul
- July 13 @ 11 am | Kooman & Diamond: The Life Cycle of a Tune Demo
- July 13 @ 2 pm | Tune Suggestions Panel: Phrases of Knowledge from Main Studio Execs
- July 13 @ 7:30 pm | Waving By way of Their Window: An Night with Benj Pasek & Justin Paul
WEEK 2 Panels
- July 17 @ 7:30 pm | Writers: Cheeyang Ng and Eric Sorrels
- July 18 @ 7:30 pm | The Fitzgeralds of St. Paul Author: Christie Baugher
- July 19 @ 7:30 pm | Miss Hysteria Writers: Ben Zeadman and Laura Schein
- July 20 @ 7:30 pm | Name Me From the Grave Writers: Charles Romano and Harold Hodge Jr.
Need extra details about a selected panel on this record? Try the official ASCAP Basis announcement for the upcoming two-week competition to be taught extra.